Friday, May 20, 2011

A Year Ago Today...

...was my due date with Adelaide:  May 20.  I was as big as a house.  Mom was in town, and we took Levi to the park to let him play and to get my mind off the whole impending-delivery thing that takes over one's thoughts.



I got my hair trimmed that day, and it was such a quick trim that my stylist took me back to the massage room and gave me a foot massage to relax the aches and maybe induce labor.  I had told her that I was feeling "funny" that day.  Something was happening.  And she got a great tip.

At church that night, a friend said, "Oh, you're going into labor tonight.  You have that different walk going on."  (I think "different walk" equates to "funky duck waddle" or possibly "been-riding-a-horse-too-long mosey.")  I told her I felt "funny" and that I had the same notion.

Lo and behold, I awoke that night at around 1:30 a.m. with mild, but consistent contractions. 

Adelaide was on her way! 

Can't believe it's been one day shy of a year that we met our little sweetheart.

2 comments:

  1. HAPPY 1st BIRTHDAY, ADELAIDE!!! We love you so much. :D What a wonderful, happy day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Kristin! She loves you guys. :D

    ReplyDelete